Dining in Canary Wharf offers a culinary journey like no other, with a plethora of restaurants and waterside eateries serving up a diverse range of flavors and cuisines.
Situated amidst the towering skyscrapers and bustling streets of this iconic financial district, Canary Wharf’s dining scene reflects the vibrant energy and cosmopolitan nature of the area. From upscale fine dining establishments to cozy cafes and trendy bistros, there’s something to tantalize every palate in this culinary haven.
As you explore Canary Wharf’s dining landscape, you’ll be treated to panoramic views of the area’s iconic buildings, providing a stunning backdrop for your dining experience. Whether you’re dining on a rooftop terrace or enjoying a meal with waterfront views, these architectural marvels add a touch of grandeur to every culinary adventure.
For those interested in delving into the rich maritime history of Canary Wharf, dining at one of its waterside eateries offers a unique opportunity to soak in the area’s seafaring heritage.
From traditional fish and chips to gourmet seafood creations, these restaurants pay homage to Canary Wharf’s maritime history, serving up fresh and flavorful dishes inspired by the sea.
Amidst the hustle and bustle of Canary Wharf, diners can also find refuge in the area’s verdant parks and green spaces, where they can enjoy a leisurely picnic or alfresco dining experience.
Surrounded by lush foliage and tranquil surroundings, these outdoor dining spots offer a peaceful retreat from the urban jungle, allowing diners to unwind and savor their meal amidst nature’s beauty.
When it comes to shopping, Canary Wharf boasts a wealth of retail options, from designer boutiques to high-street brands. After a day of retail therapy, diners can refuel at one of the area’s many restaurants, indulging in a delicious meal while overlooking the bustling shopping district.
In addition to its well-known dining establishments, Canary Wharf is also home to a number of hidden gems, tucked away in quiet corners and alleyways, waiting to be discovered by adventurous foodies.
From cozy hole-in-the-wall eateries to trendy pop-up restaurants, these hidden gems offer a taste of the unexpected, adding an element of surprise to your dining experience in Canary Wharf.
Best Restaurants in Canary Wharf
Looking to experience the culinary wonders of Canary Wharf? Look no further! We’ve curated a list of the best restaurants in this vibrant district, each offering a unique dining experience.
From elegant fine dining establishments to relaxed and casual eateries, and even a selection of restaurants specializing in mouthwatering ethnic cuisines, we’ve got you covered.
Get ready to embark on a gastronomic journey through Canary Wharf that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Fine Dining Restaurants
Fine dining restaurants in Canary Wharf, such as Roka, Plateau, Orrery, Boisdale of Canary Wharf, and Gaucho, offer a luxurious and exquisite dining experience. Here are some options to consider:
- Roka: Known for its contemporary Japanese cuisine and vibrant atmosphere.
- Plateau: Serving modern European dishes with stunning views of the city.
- Orrery: Offers French cuisine in an elegant setting with a rooftop terrace.
- Boisdale of Canary Wharf: Famous for its Scottish cuisine and live jazz music.
- Gaucho: Specializing in Argentinean steaks, it is a favorite among meat lovers.
These fine dining establishments provide exceptional service, meticulous attention to detail, and an extensive wine selection. Perfect for special occasions, business dinners, or those looking to elevate their dining experience.
Casual Dining Restaurants
Casual dining restaurants in Canary Wharf provide a relaxed atmosphere with a diverse range of cuisines. Here are some top options for casual dining in the area:
- Byron: Known for their delicious burgers and fries, Byron offers a casual dining experience with a menu that includes vegetarian and gluten-free options.
- Wahaca: This Mexican street food restaurant serves up tasty tacos, quesadillas, and burritos in a lively and casual setting.
- The Breakfast Club: If you’re in the mood for a hearty brunch or breakfast, The Breakfast Club is the perfect spot. From pancakes to full English breakfasts, they have it all.
- Big Easy: For some finger-licking barbecue and seafood, head to Big Easy. With a casual, rustic ambiance, they offer a wide variety of grilled meats and fresh seafood dishes.
- Franco Manca: Pizza lovers will enjoy Franco Manca‘s sourdough pizzas, made with high-quality ingredients and cooked to perfection in a casual and cozy environment.
Whether you’re craving burgers, Mexican cuisine, brunch, barbecue, or pizza, Canary Wharf has casual dining restaurants to suit every taste.
Ethnic Cuisine Restaurants
When dining in Canary Wharf, there are a number of ethnic cuisine restaurants to choose from. These establishments offer a diverse range of flavors and culinary experiences. Here is a table showcasing some of the top ethnic cuisine restaurants in Canary Wharf:
|L’oro di Napoli
|28 West Bar & Grill
|Sticks ‘n’ Sushi
These ethnic cuisine restaurants provide a wide variety of options for those seeking an authentic taste of different cultures. From Indian delicacies to Japanese sushi, there is something to satisfy every palate. Whether you are looking for a fine dining experience or a casual meal, Canary Wharf’s ethnic cuisine restaurants have you covered.
Top Waterside Eateries in Canary Wharf
Treat your taste buds while enjoying stunning waterside views in Canary Wharf. Discover the top waterside eateries that offer a delightful culinary experience. From restaurants with panoramic views to charming cafes and bakeries, and even trendy bars and pubs, this section has it all.
Savor delectable dishes, sip on refreshing drinks, and indulge in the vibrant ambience of Canary Wharf’s waterside dining destinations. Get ready to embark on a gastronomic journey like no other.
Waterside Restaurants with a View
When dining in Canary Wharf, experiencing the beautiful waterside views is a must. Here are some waterside restaurants with a view that you should consider:
- The Pearson Room: This restaurant offers stunning views of the South Dock and Canary Wharf skyline. Enjoy modern European cuisine in a chic and sophisticated setting.
- Plateau: Located on the fourth floor of Canada Place, Plateau provides panoramic views of the city. Indulge in French-inspired dishes while gazing at the River Thames.
- ROKA Canary Wharf: Situated on the third floor of the Park Pavilion, ROKA offers a modern Japanese dining experience with a terrace overlooking the water.
These waterside restaurants with a view not only provide delicious food but also offer a picturesque backdrop for a memorable dining experience.
Waterside Cafes and Bakeries
When it comes to waterside cafes and bakeries in Canary Wharf, there are several options to choose from. Here are some suggestions to consider:
- The Breakfast Club: Enjoy a delicious breakfast or brunch with a beautiful view of the waterfront.
- Paul Bakery: Indulge in freshly baked pastries, sandwiches, and desserts while taking in the waterside scenery.
- The Pearson Room: This stylish cafe offers a variety of dishes, from light bites to full meals, perfect for a waterside dining experience.
- Bread Ahead: Known for its artisan bread and delectable pastries, this bakery is a must-visit for bread lovers.
- The Ivy in the Park: This elegant cafe offers a sophisticated menu with stunning views of the surroundings.
- Big Chill Bar: With a vibrant atmosphere, this waterside spot is perfect for enjoying a drink or two along with some tasty snacks.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing spot to enjoy a cup of coffee or a place to grab a delicious treat, these waterside cafes and bakeries in Canary Wharf won’t disappoint.
Waterside Bars and Pubs
Waterside bars and pubs in Canary Wharf offer a delightful ambiance with stunning waterfront views. Here are some top establishments to consider:
- This historic riverside pub boasts a spacious terrace overlooking the River Thames, offering a wide range of craft beers and ales.
- Located in the heart of Canary Wharf, this stylish bar offers a selection of cocktails, wines, and a terrace with panoramic views of the city.
- With a sophisticated rooftop terrace, this bar is perfect for enjoying cocktails, Mediterranean-inspired dishes, and beautiful views of Canary Wharf.
Whether you’re looking for after-work drinks or a place to unwind, these waterside bars and pubs provide a memorable experience in Canary Wharf.
Tips for Dining in Canary Wharf
Looking to dine in Canary Wharf? Here are some tips to enhance your dining experience. From making reservations in advance, to uncovering special offers and deals, and exploring the diverse dining areas of Canary Wharf, we’ve got you covered.
So get ready to tantalize your taste buds and immerse yourself in the vibrant culinary scene of this thriving waterfront district. Let’s dive in and discover the secrets to making your dining experience in Canary Wharf truly unforgettable!
Making Reservations in Advance
When dining in Canary Wharf, it is essential to make reservations in advance to secure a table at the best restaurants.
To begin, research and identify the top restaurants in Canary Wharf and determine which ones require reservations.
Next, find the contact details of the chosen restaurant, including their phone number or email.
When contacting the restaurant, make sure to do so well in advance, preferably a few weeks before your desired dining date.
Be prepared to provide the restaurant with all the necessary details, including the date, time, number of guests, and any special requests.
After making the reservation, wait for confirmation from the restaurant and take note of any reservation policies or requirements they may have.
Consider making a backup reservation in case your first choice is fully booked, as it is always better to plan ahead.
By following these steps and making reservations in advance, you can ensure a memorable dining experience in Canary Wharf.
Checking for Special Offers and Deals
To make the most of dining in Canary Wharf, it’s important to check for special offers and deals at restaurants. Here are some tips for finding great discounts:
- Sign up for newsletters and follow social media pages of restaurants in the area to stay updated on any promotions or limited-time offers.
- Check online platforms like Groupon or voucher websites for deals specifically for Canary Wharf restaurants.
- Consider dining during off-peak hours or on weekdays when restaurants may offer special lunch or dinner menus at a discounted price.
- Keep an eye out for happy hour deals at bars and pubs, where you can enjoy discounted drinks and sometimes even food.
- Utilize apps or loyalty programs that offer exclusive discounts or rewards for dining in Canary Wharf.
By taking advantage of these special offers and deals, you can enjoy fantastic dining experiences in Canary Wharf without breaking the bank.
Exploring Different Areas of Canary Wharf for Dining
When it comes to dining, exploring different areas of Canary Wharf offers a diverse range of culinary experiences to suit every taste preference and atmosphere preference.
Whether you’re looking for international cuisines and quick bites at Jubilee Place, a mix of casual dining options and fine dining restaurants along the waterfront at West India Quay, or trendy cafes and casual eateries at Canada Square Park, you’ll find something to satisfy your cravings.
Pro-tip: Don’t miss out on the opportunity to discover hidden gems and create memorable dining experiences by taking advantage of the variety of dining options in different areas of Canary Wharf.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best restaurants in Canary Wharf?
Canary Wharf offers a range of dining options, including upscale chains like Gaucho and Hawksmoor, as well as independent restaurants such as Amerigo Vespucci and Emilia’s Wood Wharf. These establishments are known for their innovative menus, top-class steak, and refined Japanese food.
Are there any street food options available in Canary Wharf?
Yes, there are street food options available in Canary Wharf. You can find crunchy Korean fried chicken, chewy sourdough pizza, and juicy burgers with various toppings. These street food options can be enjoyed at the docks, inside the shopping centre, and across the concourse in front of the station.
Do any of the restaurants in Canary Wharf offer dockside views?
Yes, Amerigo Vespucci and Gaucho Canary Wharf offer impressive dockside views. Amerigo Vespucci specifically offers dockside views along with a taste of Italy in London’s financial district. Gaucho Canary Wharf, on the other hand, has a panoramic dining room and terrace with spectacular river views.
Can I organize private events or special occasions at restaurants in Canary Wharf?
Yes, many of the restaurants in Canary Wharf have private dining areas or can arrange exclusive events for special occasions. It is recommended to check with the preferred restaurant for availability and arrangements that can be made to suit the party’s needs.
Are there any special menus or food and wine pairings available at restaurants in Canary Wharf?
Yes, some restaurants in Canary Wharf offer special menus or can organize food and wine pairings to create a memorable evening for guests. These options provide a unique dining experience and are worth exploring to enhance your culinary journey.
Is there a surge of new restaurant openings in Canary Wharf?
Yes, according to recent data, Canary Wharf has seen a surge of new restaurant openings in 2022. This indicates a recovery for the area’s hospitality industry after the pandemic. The development of Wood Wharf has contributed to the growth of dining options in the area.